The SOTS Monograph series has recently been relaunched and will be published by Cambridge University Press. The first volume is due to come out in time for the Society’s centenary celebrations in 2017.
The editor, Dr Lena-Sofia Tiemeyer (Email) welcomes book proposals, which should contain the following:
- A statement about the aims of the volume as a whole, including a paragraph which highlights how the proposed volume will fill a gap in scholarship / shed new and important light upon extant research in the field (minimum 250 words).
- An outline of its content and structure.
- An estimate of the length of the volume as a whole (max 120 000 words unless a good case can be made for exceeding this limit).
- A date when the final manuscript will be submitted.
In the case of a monograph:
- An extended abstract (ca 3000 words) which outlines and describes the various chapters.
In the case of an edited volume:
- Name and affiliation of each of the contributors.
- A preliminary title and also an abstract (minimum 150 words) of each article.
A previous SOTS Monographs series, edited by Margaret Barker was published by Ashgate between 2004 and 2013. Members of SOTS can receive a 20% discount on any title in this series. When ordering through the Ashgate website, enter the code H9CCK20 into the ‘promotional code’ box. Visit www.ashgate.com/sots to see the full details of the books available in that series.
Albrektson, Bertil, Text, Translation, Theology: Selected Essays on the Hebrew Bible (2010).
Auld, Graeme, Samuel at the Threshold (2004).
Ball, Edward (ed.), ‘The Unconquered Land’ and Other Old Testament Essays: Selected Studies by Rudolf Smend (2013).
Barton, John, The Old Testament: Canon, Literature and Theology: Collected Essays of John Barton (2007).
Brooks, Simcha Shalom, Saul and the Monarchy: A New Look (2005).
Geyer, John, Mythology and Lament: Studies in the Oracles about the Nations (2004).
Gordon, Robert, Hebrew Bible and Ancient Versions: Selected Essays of Robert P. Gordon (2006).
Goulder, Michael, Isaiah as Liturgy (2004).
Hatton, Peter, Contradiction in the Book of Proverbs: The Deep Waters of Counsel (2008).
Job, John, Jeremiah’s Kings: A Study of the Monarchy in Jeremiah (2006).
Lang, Bernhard, Hebrew Life and Literature: Selected Essays of Bernhard Lang (2008).
Linville, James, Amos and the Cosmic Imagination (2008).
Sinnott, Alice, The Personification of Wisdom (2005).
Welch, John, The Sermon on the Mount in the Light of the Temple (2009).
Whybray, Norman, Wisdom: The Collected Articles of Norman Whybray (ed. Katherine Dell and Margaret Barker; 2005).
Wyatt, Nicolas, ‘There’s Such Divinity Doth Hedge a King’: Selected Essays on Royal Ideology in Ugaritic and Old Testament Literature (2005).